Clam, Chorizo and Kale Parchment Pack2016-12-23
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4 grams
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 5 ounces curly kale, stems removed, leaves thinly sliced (about 3 tightly-packed cups)
- One 15-ounce can no-salt cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ounce Spanish-style chorizo, papery skin peeled, sliced into thin half-moons (about 1/4 cup)
- 32 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, for serving
Position 2 racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Combine the olive oil, garlic, and smoked paprika in a small bowl and set aside.
Cut four 16-inch long sheets of parchment paper. Fold each sheet in half and open it like a book. Divide the pieces of parchment between 2 baking sheets (2 pieces per sheet).
Divide the kale, beans, and chorizo between the four parchment sheets, placing ingredients on one side of the fold. Drizzle with the sherry and garlic-paprika oil. Top each serving with a single layer of 8 clams.
Fold over the top half of the parchment, crimping and overlapping small folds along the open edge to seal tightly, leaving enough room for the clams to open up. Bake until the parchment puffs and the clams open, 15 to 20 minutes. (To tell if the clams are open, gently press the top of the puffed pack with a large spoon and feel the shells; if they give, and are springy, they are open.)
Carefully slide each pack off the tray and into individual serving bowls. Taking care to avoid the hot steam, cut open one end of the pack and let the contents slide into the bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.