Coconut Soup with Caramelized Plantains2018-08-19
- Yield : 2 servings
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 17m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 pint coconut sorbet, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 6 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 very ripe plantain, halved and quartered
- 2 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
In a medium bowl, combine the melted coconut sorbet and the coconut milk. Using a whisk, slowly incorporate the lime juice, including the pulp. Keep chilled until service.
To caramelize the plantains, combine the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over high heat. Once the sugar is caramelized, add the plantains, and turn down the heat. Cook slowly until the plantains are tender. Add the shredded coconut and toss.
To plate, place the plantains in the center of a shallow bowl. Pour the cold coconut soup around the outside.