Coffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies2015-04-06
- Yield : about 34 medium cookies
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 11m
- Ready In : 21m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- One package dry chocolate chip cookie mix (1 pound 1 1/2 ounces), found in the baking aisle
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 4 ounces walnut pieces (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 7 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso or instant coffee crystals
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee beans
- 1 large egg, beaten
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the racks in the center of the oven.
In a mixing bowl, make a well in the center of the chocolate chip cookie mix. Add the chocolate chunks, walnuts, softened butter, Kahlua, instant espresso, ground coffee and egg. Mix well to combine all the ingredients into the cookie dough. Scoop with a small scoop or by heaping tablespoons and drop the dough 2 inches apart on ungreased, nonstick cookie sheets or sheets lined with parchment paper. Chill for 5 to 10 minutes.
Bake the cookies in batches, until set and lightly browned but not crisp, 9 to 11 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave on the cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool before serving.