Countdown #7 Cranberry and Spiced Rum Punch2019-02-10
- Yield : 10 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 Mexican cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (25 1/4-ounce) bottle sparkling cider (about 3 1/4 cups), chilled
- 4 cups cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 1 (1-liter) bottle club soda
- 1 cup dark rum
Bring the orange zest, cinnamon sticks, cloves, ginger, water, and sugar to a boil in a small heavy saucepan, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Reduce the heat and then simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let steep, uncovered, for 1 hour.
Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding the solids.
Combine the remaining ingredients with the spiced syrup in a punch bowl and stir. Add ice before serving.