Cowboy Steak and Pepper Kebabs2016-07-03
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat7 grams
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tri-tip, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch dice
- 12 assorted color baby bell peppers, cored and halved
- Vegetable oil, for grill
Mix the butter, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, orange zest, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Add the beef, toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
Preheat a grill over high heat. Thread the beef, onions, and peppers onto 8 long skewers leaving 1/4-inch space between the meat and vegetables. Lightly brush the grill grates with oil. Arrange the skewers on the hot grill and grill, turning until the meat is medium-rare, about 2 to 3 minutes on each of the 4 sides. Transfer the kebabs to the platter and serve.