- Yield : about 2 dozen
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickle chips, chopped
- Fresh lemon juice
- Pinch House Seasoning, recipe follows
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices bread, crust removed and processed into crumbs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked free of any shells
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
In a heavy, deep pot, preheat peanut oil to 365 degrees F.
For the Tartar Sauce, combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend to achieve desired chunkiness, adjust seasoning and chill until ready to use.
For the Crab Balls: In a large bowl, moisten bread crumbs with heavy cream. Mix in remaining ingredients. Shape into balls about the size of a walnut. Fry in oil until brown, about 5 minutes per batch. Serve Crab Balls while hot, with tartar sauce. Balls can also be made ahead of time and reheated.
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.