Crab Salad-Stuffed Zucchini2012-08-27
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4 grams
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked through
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Paprika, celery leaves and scallions, for topping
Fill a large pot with about 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket; bring to a boil. Meanwhile, scoop out the seeds from the zucchini, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Season the zucchini with salt, then arrange in the steamer basket; cover and steam until crisp-tender, 5 minutes.
Combine the crabmeat, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, the Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Blot the zucchini dry with paper towels and brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon each olive oil and lemon juice. Fill with the crab mixture and top with the spicy mayonnaise. Sprinkle with paprika, celery leaves and scallions.