- Yield : 10 plus servings
- Cook Time : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 5 large onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound margarine (recommended: Parkay brand)
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of shrimp soup (to replace crawfish "fat" which is no longer sold)
- 5 pounds Louisiana crawfish tails, peeled
- Creole seasoning (recommended: Tony Chachere Original Creole Seasoning)
- Cooked white rice
In a magnalite pot or a pot with a thick bottom, saute onions and garlic in margarine over medium to medium low heat until onions are transparent. Add cream of celery and cream of shrimp soups and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat. Stir as needed to eliminate sticking.
Stir in crawfish tails and continue to cook over medium heat. Add Creole seasoning to taste. Stir often to mix ingredients and to keep from sticking to pan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Thin with a little water if etouffee is too thick.
Serve in a plate over white rice. Etouffee also freezes well.