Creamless Creamed Corn Chowder with Lobster and Summer Vegetables2016-05-31
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup cooked peas
- 1/4 cup of cooked asparagus
- 1/4 cup diced fingerling or russet potatoes blanched
- 1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes
- Creamless Creamed Corn, recipe follows
- 2 steamed lobsters, shelled
- 1/8 cup of chopped chives
- 12 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add peas, asparagus, potatoes, tomatoes, and lobster chunks to "Creamless" creamed corn. Simmer gently. Garnish with chopped chives.
Grate 5 ears of corn into a bowl. Press the grated corn through a fine sieve reserving the "milk" and discarding the grated corn and the cobs. Cut the kernels from the remaining ears of corn. Combine the cut corn, water, and salt and pepper in a medium pan. Cover the pan and steam, stirring once or twice, until the corn is tender, about 5 minutes. Set the corn aside. Stirring constantly, bring the corn "milk" to a simmer over medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook, continuing to stir, until the "milk" thickens, about 3 minutes. Add the cooked corn, salt and pepper and cook until the corn is heated through. Serve warm.