Curried Mussels with Butternut Squash and Leeks2019-04-06
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5 grams
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 8 ounces)
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), halved, thickly sliced and well rinsed
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest, plus the juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 thick slices crusty bread, halved
Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the squash and leeks and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks start softening, about 3 minutes.
Add the curry powder, ginger and lime zest and stir to coat. Reduce the heat to medium low and add 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook until the squash is almost tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the heavy cream to the pot, then stir in the mussels. Increase the heat to medium, cover and simmer until the mussels open, 5 to 6 minutes. (Discard any unopened mussels.) Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Serve with the bread.