Dipped Peppermint Spoons2018-10-19
- Yield : Makes 8 spoons
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1m
- Ready In : 11m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup NESTLA?(R) TOLL HOUSE(R) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons NESTLA?(R) TOLL HOUSE(R) Premier White Morsels
- 3 (about 1 tablespoon) hard peppermint candies, unwrapped and crushed into small pieces
- 8 plastic spoons (for dipping in chocolate)
- 8 cellophane bags and twist ties or ribbons for wrapping
LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
MICROWAVE semi-sweet morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 20 seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
DIP the end of each spoon in melted chocolate, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
MICROWAVE white morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 20 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from each bag. Squeeze to drizzle over ends of already dipped spoons. Dip spoons in crushed peppermints; return to baking sheet. Let stand until set. Insert spoons into bags and secure with ties. Store at room temperature.
*Paired with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® ULTIMATES™ Dark Chocolate Delight Cookie Dough