Double Stuffed Mushrooms2019-08-03
- Yield : 6
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 pound stuffing mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups crumbled leftover stuffing
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Pop the stems from the mushrooms and reserve for another use. Using a melon baller or spoon, gently scoop out any remaining stem from inside the mushroom caps. Brush the outside of the caps with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Set the caps aside.
Put the leftover stuffing, parsley, butter, egg, a large pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Use your hands to combine the mixture and squeeze it together.
Pack each mushroom with an equal amount of filling and transfer the filled mushrooms to a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is brown and crispy on top, about 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.