- Yield : 1 drink
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces blue agave tequila
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1/4 ounce orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- Cactus fruit peel, for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Combine the tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, Simple Syrup and orange liqueur in a pint glass. Fill the glass with ice, cover with a shaker tin and shake vigorously for 8 to 10 seconds. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with cactus fruit peel.
Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. (Alternatively, heat in the microwave.) Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.