Easy Arroz con Pollo2018-08-20
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 lb. chicken breast and/or thighs (if using boneless, skinless chicken,
- cut into 1" pieces)
- 1/2 tsp. GOYA(R) Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 tbsp. GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp. GOYA Minced Garlic, or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 box (8 oz.) GOYA Yellow Rice
- 1 jar (4 oz.) GOYA Fancy Sliced Pimientos, drained
- 8 GOYA Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup GOYA Frozen Peas, thawed
1. Season chicken with Adobo. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 min. Transfer to plate. Add onion and peppers to pan. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 min. Add garlic to pan; cook until fragrant, about 30 sec. more.
2. Pour 2 cups water into pan with vegetables; bring water mixture to boil; add rice and chicken to pan. Return water to boil; boil 1 min. Lower heat to medium low; simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 25 min.
3. Arrange pimientos, olives and peas over Chicken and Rice.