Easy Gingerbread Friends2014-02-13
- Yield : 20 cookies
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 23m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury(R) refrigerated gingerbread cookies
- 1/2 cup ready-to-spread frosting
- 100 red cinnamon candies or other small red candies
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove half of cookie dough from wrapper; refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
2. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of flour onto work surface; coat sides of half of dough with flour. With rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness, adding additional flour as needed to prevent sticking. With floured 2 1/2- to 3-inch gingerbread boy or girl cutter, cut out dough boys or girls. Gently brush excess flour from shapes; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling racks. Cool completely. Place icing in piping bag, decorate with icing and candies for eyes and buttons, as desired.