Egg, Gorgonzola and Pancetta Sandwiches2013-06-28
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 17m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 12 very thin slices pancetta
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional
- 6 (1/2-inch thick) slices whole-wheat bread
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay the pancetta in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until crispy and brown. Drain on paper towels.
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, Gorgonzola, lemon zest, mayonnaise, and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if using. Spread the mixture evenly over 3 slices of the bread. Crumble the pancetta and sprinkle over the egg mixture. Place the remaining bread slices on top.
Cut the sandwiches in half and arrange on a serving platter.