- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 8m
- Cook Time : 9m
- Ready In : 17m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 8 eggs
- Salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound pancetta, or thickly sliced bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 garlic cloves, minced, optional
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley stems discarded before measuring
In a bowl, beat eggs, salt, black pepper, cheese, and milk. Set aside.
Cook pancetta in a saute pan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until it is done like crisp pieces of bacon. Drain off excess fat (but leave about 2 tablespoons in the pan).
Add garlic and bell pepper to the pan and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until garlic shows the first sign of turning golden.
Add Italian parsley. Stir for 1 more minute.
Reduce heat to medium, add egg mixture to pan, and stir until eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve immediately on warmed plates.