Everything but the Kitchen Sink2013-07-30
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0 grams
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 large potatoes, rinsed and large diced
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 cup canned navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme leaves
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, whisk together grapeseed oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Add the squash, carrots, onions, garlic and potatoes, tossing to coat. Put the coated vegetables on a sheet pan, and roast until the onions are translucent, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large stock pot, over medium heat add the stock, beans, bay leaf, thyme, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. With a hand blender pulse stock and bean mixture until the beans are slightly pureed. Remove the vegetables from oven and add to pot, then stir in the broccoli and tomatoes. Cook until all the vegetables are cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes.