Farfalle with Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Mint2015-06-12
- Yield : 4 servings
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 12 ounces farfalle (butterfly-shaped pasta; also called bow ties)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1 scallion, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 small zucchini, scrubbed, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, scrubbed, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano, plus more for topping
Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, or firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Before draining, ladle out 1/2 cup of the boiling cooking water and reserve.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the scallion and garlic; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and yellow squash and cook, stirring, over medium-low heat just until wilted, about 3 minutes.
Toss the pasta with the zucchini mixture and stir in the basil, mint, reserved cooking water and 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Spoon onto plates, and serve with a light sprinkling of cheese over each serving.