Fettuccine with Salsiccia and Brisket Sauce2015-12-30
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 40m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces beef brisket, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 3 Italian sausages, cut in half
- 3 cups canned Italian tomatoes, passed through a food mill
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup water or stock
- 1 sprig fresh marjoram, leaves only
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch raw sugar
- 2 cups unbleached flour, plus more for dusting
- 4 organic eggs
Making the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle the brisket with salt and pepper, and then toss the cubes in the flour. Sear in the pan until nicely browned. Add the garlic and onions and saute for about 5 minutes. Deglaze with the wine. Add the sausages, tomato puree, tomato paste, water, marjoram leaves, nutmeg and sugar. Mix and simmer on low on the stovetop until the meat is tender, 3 to 4 hours. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
Making the pasta: Into a food processor, add the unbleached flour and eggs. Pulse until crumbly. Take the dough out and place on a floured surface. Knead the dough until silky, about 5 minutes. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
Roll the dough using a pasta machine and cut using the fettuccine attachment. Place the pasta in a single layer on a lightly floured surface until it's all rolled out. Boil the fettuccine in salted water until al dente, about 2 minutes. Drain.
Place some pasta onto a plate, ladle on some sauce and enjoy.