- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 2 cans Italian tuna, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4 by 4-inch) pieces focaccia bread
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing the panino pan
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 bunch frisee lettuce, washed and dried
In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and the lemon juice. Add the tuna, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
Cut the focaccia in half and brush the outside of the bread with olive oil. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom half of the panino. Top with tuna mixture, then the frisee, and then another slice of cheese. Finish with the top half of the focaccia.
Preheat a panino grill, or heat a grill pan over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking. Grill the panino until the cheese melts and the bread is crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Cut the panino in half and serve.