Foil-Packet Barbecue Pork Chops with Succotash2019-05-05
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 boneless pork chops (1 inch thick, about 6 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 15.5-ounce can hominy, drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Preheat a grill to medium high. Lay out four 12-by-18-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Whisk the barbecue sauce and hot pepper jelly in a small bowl. Remove 1/3 cup of the sauce to a separate bowl and brush all over the pork chops; reserve the remaining sauce.
Mix the lima beans, corn, hominy, scallion whites, thyme and melted butter in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the vegetable mixture among the foil sheets, mounding it slightly. Top each mound with a pork chop. Bring the 2 short ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal; fold in the sides to form a packet.
Grill the packets pork-side down, 6 minutes. Flip and cook 2 more minutes. Meanwhile, heat the reserved sauce in a small saucepan or in the microwave.Â
Carefully open the packets and spoon some of the sauce on the pork chops; sprinkle with the scallion greens. Serve with the remaining sauce.