Fontina Risotto with Chicken2012-09-05
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup coarsely grated fontina cheese, plus more for garnish
- 8 ounces deli-smoked chicken breast, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
Bring the broth and 4 cups water to a simmer in a saucepan; keep warm.
Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion; cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and thyme; cook, stirring, until the rice is glossy, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. Add 1 teaspoon Kosher salt. Ladle in the hot broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, allowing all of the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Continue until the rice is just tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove the thyme. Stir in the parmigiano, the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir in the fontina and chicken. Reserve about 2 cups risotto for Risotto Cakes. Divide the rest among bowls; top with parsley and more fontina.