Fresh Long Island Fluke and Melon Crudo2017-07-21
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup blood-orange flavored olive oil, or other fruity olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 small red chile (Fresno), very thinly sliced
- 12 ounces sashimi-grade skinless, boneless fluke fillets
- 1/4 small cantaloupe or honeydew melon, peeled and seeded
- Flavored lemon sea salt, such as Amagansett Sea Salt Company Lemon Salt, for garnish
Lightly whisk together the oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Stir in the chiles and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
Slice the fluke into very thin slices, about 1/8-inch thick, using a very sharp knife. Slice the melon into similar paper-thin pieces. Arrange the melon and fish, alternating slices, on each of 4 chilled salad plates.
Drizzle the dressing and chiles lightly over the fish and onto the plates with a spoon. Sprinkle some lemon salt over the fish and serve immediately.