Fried Pickled Okra with Creamy Chipotle Sauce2013-06-26
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 17m
- Cook Time : 7m
- Ready In : 24m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 1 1/4 cups Fry Mix, recipe follows
- 1 cup beer
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pickled okra, drained
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce, recipe follows
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup self-rising white cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion, for garnish
Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a deep skillet or fryer.
Combine the Fry Mix with the beer. Add the okra, coating it in the batter. Fry the okra, about 4 pieces at a time, turning the pieces frequently, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer the okra to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve immediately with the Creamy Chipotle Sauce.
Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Store in an airtight container in the pantry until needed.
Blend the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chipotle, lime juice, and salt in a food processor until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Garnish with green onions.