Frisee Salad with Warm Vinaigrette2016-07-22
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 7m
- Cook Time : 4m
- Ready In : 11m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 large head frisee lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
Fill a large skillet with water, bring it to a boil, and add the vinegar and a large pinch of salt. Reduce the heat until the water is just barely bubbling. Crack each egg into a small bowl and carefully slide the egg into the water. Cook until the eggs are set, about 3 1/2 to 4 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and dab the bottom with paper towels to dry them off; set aside and keep warm.
Put the bacon and shallots into a cold skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook over medium heat until the bacon is browned and crisp; be careful not to let it burn. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, and set aside. Meanwhile, get a jar with a tight fitting lid. Add the mustard, remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Shake well to combine the ingredients, add the chives, taste, and season with salt and pepper.
Put the frisee into a large bowl and toss it with the dressing the cooked bacon and shallots. To serve, place a large mound of salad onto a plate and top with a poached egg. Garnish with some chives and a drizzle of olive oil.