- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- Four 1/2-inch cubes salami
- 4 chicken livers
- 4 pickled cippolini onions
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Club soda
- Vegetable or peanut oil, for frying
- 8 string beans
- Four 1/2-inch-wide strips red bell pepper
- Four 1/2-inch-wide strips yellow bell pepper
- Four 1/2-inch-wide strips zucchini
- Lemon juice, in a spray bottle
Skewer 1 bocconcini and 1 salami on each of 4 skewers. Skewer 1 chicken liver and 1 onion on each of the remaining 4 skewers.
Make a dredge of 1 cup rice flour, oregano, parsley and some salt and pepper.
Make a batter by combining the remaining 1 cup rice flour with the all-purpose flour, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Pour in the club soda a little bit at a time and whisk until the batter is just slightly loosened and the whisk won't stand up. Keep on an ice bath.
Fill a Dutch oven just under halfway with oil and heat over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F. Working in batches, dip each skewer, and then the peppers and zucchini, in the batter and fry until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels, season with salt and a spray of lemon juice. Pile onto plates and devour.