Frontier Buffalo Burger with Green Tomato Salsa on Roasted Portobello2019-03-23
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 large green tomatoes, seeded, cored and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 6 (8-ounce) buffalo burgers
Preheat grill. Mix tomatoes, onions, peppers, cilantro, jalapeno, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Allow to sit for 1/2 hour. Pour off juice and add honey and vinegar. Refrigerate 1/2 hour.
Rub mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on both sides until done. Season burgers and grill on both sides until medium rare.
Layer with portobello on the bottom, salsa, then meat and topped with additional salsa.