Fruit Crisp by Heart2014-07-16
- Yield : 8 to 10 servings
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 part all-purpose flour (we used 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 part brown sugar (we used 1/4 cup)
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 part cold unsalted butter in cubes (we used 1/2 cup)
- 1 part rolled oats (we used 1/2 cup)
- About 6 parts fruit (we used 3 cups sliced peaches, or about 8 peaches; see Cook's Note)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch per 1 cup fruit (we used 3 teaspoons)
- Granulated sugar, depending on the sweetness/ripeness of the fruit
- Lemon zest, if desired
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
For the crisp: Mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Using a pastry blender, 2 knives or a food processor, cut in the butter. Stir in the oats.Â
For the fruit: Toss the fruit with the cornstarch, granulated sugar as needed and the lemon zest if using.
Transfer the fruit mixture to a baking dish and top with the crisp mixture. Bake until the middle is warmed through and the top is crispy and golden brown, 50 to 55 minutes.