- Yield : frosting for 1 layer cake
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
Put the milk in a saucepan and whisk in the flour. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes, whisking often. Strain and cool to room temperature.
Cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until light and very fluffy. Add the cooled thickened milk and mix until smooth. Drizzle in the melted chocolate and continue whipping until well blended.