- Yield : 8 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 28m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.9 grams
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup coarse bulgur
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces frozen peas and carrots, optional
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
- Serving suggestions: Serve with grilled onions, grilled portobello mushroom slices, and mixed greens, or, burger style with mango ketchup
Pour onions into a 3-quart saucepot with the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add bulgur, chickpeas, and frozen vegetables, stir until combined. Turn off heat, cover and let stand 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
Remove pot from heat. Using a potato masher or spoon back, mash ingredients together making sure all chickpeas get smashed. Form into four burger patties. Lightly coat a 10-inch non-stick pan with cooking spray and turn heat to medium. Place all burgers in pan when hot and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until heated through and golden.
Optional: Fold in 1/4 cup grated mozzarella to mashed bulgur mixture before forming into burgers.