- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, boiled for 5 minutes
- 1 pound yellow tomatoes
- 1 pound yellow bell peppers, peeled with a vegetable peeler and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Ice water
- 1 yellow squash
- 4 slices crustless white sandwich bread
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small oil cured olives, pitted and cut into slivers
- 1 ripe red tomato, seeded and cut into dice
In a food processor combine the garlic, yellow tomatoes and bell peppers. Puree and thin with olive oil, vinegar to taste and some water if too thick. Season well to taste with salt and pepper.
Seed the squash and cut into 1/4-inch dice. Cut the bread into 1/2-inch dice, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until somewhat crisp and brown.
Ladle soup into chilled soup bowls; garnish with squash and croutons and center some red tomatoes and black olives in middle of each portion if you like.