Glazed Salmon with Dried Cherry Saffron Rice2017-01-18
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 28m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 4 salmon fillets, approximately 6 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon salt-free citrus herb seasoning (recommended: Spice Islands)
- Orange slices
- Toasted slivered almonds, for garnish
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock (recommended: Swansons)
- 2 cups instant rice (recommended: Uncle Ben's)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries
Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and place in broiler.
In small saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine cranberry juice concentrate, cherry preserves, and balsamic vinegar. Simmer until preserves melt, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, season each salmon fillet with 1 teaspoon citrus herb seasoning. Remove the baking sheet from broil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place fillets skin side down on baking sheet. Broil for 6 minutes. Spoon glaze over each fillet, top each with an orange slice and broil for another 2 minutes.
Serve glazed salmon fillets hot garnished with almonds.
In a medium saucepan, heat chicken stock over medium-high heat to a simmer. Add, rice, salt, pepper and saffron.
Bring to a boil. Stir in cherries. Cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
Fluff with fork to distribute saffron and cherries. Serve hot.