Gnocchi Mac and Cheese2019-05-24
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 12 butter crackers (I like Ritz)
- 4 strips crisp cooked bacon
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk, plus additional as needed
- 1 cup canned butternut squash puree
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Two 16-ounce packages gnocchi (see Cook's Note)
- 3 cups freshly grated sharp yellow Cheddar
For the topping: Combine the cheese, parsley, crackers and bacon in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture reaches a fine breadcrumb consistency. Set aside.
For the mac and cheese: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to combine, then cook about 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, butternut squash, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the gnocchi to the boiling water. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, then drain.
Stir the cheese into the milk mixture until melted. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of milk. Add the gnocchi and stir to coat. Sprinkle with the crumb topping and serve directly from the skillet.