Gnocchi with Bacon and Roasted Cauliflower2013-12-23
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat6 grams
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), trimmed and cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 17.5-ounce package potato gnocchi
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh chives
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the cauliflower, capers and 1 tablespoon olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, stirring halfway through, until the cauliflower is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain.
Cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towelÂ¿lined plate, reserving the drippings in the skillet. Add the gnocchi to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and well coated, about 3 minutes.
Add the pine nuts and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the pine nuts are lightly toasted and the garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the roasted cauliflower, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water, adding more cooking water as needed to loosen. Remove from the heat. Crumble the bacon and stir into the gnocchi along with the chives. Season with salt and pepper.