Gnocchi With Wild Mushroom Ragu2019-08-06
- Yield : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3 grams
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 pounds wild mushrooms, stemmed and diced if large
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pound cremini mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup canned whole San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh gnocchi
- Mascarpone and/or fresh mint, for topping
Heat half of the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add half of the wild mushrooms and cook until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then push to the edges of the pot. Add the remaining olive oil and wild mushrooms and cook 3 to 5 more minutes. Add the cremini mushrooms and cook 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes. Add the wine; cook, scraping up any browned bits, about 2 more minutes. Add the tomatoes, 2 cups water, the bay leaves, coriander, fennel, red pepper flakes, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium heat, about 30 minutes (thin with water if needed). Season with salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi, stir and cook for 1 minute after they float, about 3 minutes total. Transfer with a slotted spoon to the pot with the sauce and gently stir over low heat. Serve topped with mascarpone and/or mint.