Grandma Ma’s French Pickles2018-09-02
- Yield : 3 quarts
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 small Kirby cucumbers, cut into spears
- 1 large garden cucumber, cut into 1/2?inch thick disks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
Mix the Kirby cucumbers, garden cucumber, bell pepper, cauliflower and pearl onions in a large glass jar with a lid.
Put the vinegar, 1 cup water, the sugar, mustard seeds and celery seeds in large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then use a funnel to pour the pickling over the vegetables to cover completely. Let cool to room temperature, then cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
The pickles will keep, refrigerated, up to 2 weeks.