Greek Cobb Salad2019-04-10
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat11 grams
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh dill, plus more for topping
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, trimmed and chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken, skin removed (about 5 ounces)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups pita chips, lightly crushed
Cook the bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning once, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon to a paper towelÂ¿lined plate to drain. Let cool slightly, then crumble.
Meanwhile, fill a medium bowl with ice water. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil and add the eggs; cook 4 minutes, then remove 2 eggs with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice water. Continue cooking the remaining 2 eggs until hard-boiled, 6 more minutes; drain and let cool.
Make the dressing: Remove the eggs from the ice water and peel; transfer to a blender. Add the vegetable oil, vinegar, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and puree until smooth.
Put the romaine in a large serving bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Peel and slice the hard-boiled eggs. Arrange the avocado, chicken, feta, tomatoes, eggs and bacon in rows over the salad. Top with the pita chips and more dill. Toss before serving.