Greek Yogurt Pancakes2015-01-10
- Yield : 4 servings (about 16 pancakes)
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3 grams
- 6-ounce can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 large peach, pitted, peeled and diced, or 1 cup frozen peach slices, thawed and diced
- 2 cups 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Cooking spray
Bring the pineapple juice and blueberries to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook until the blueberries soften and pop and the juice is thickened and syrupy, about 15 minutes. Stir in the peaches and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, whisk the yogurt, eggs, sugar and zest in a large bowl until combined. Mix together the flour, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and fold into the yogurt mixture until combined.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Working in batches, pour the batter about 1/4 cup at a time, evenly spacing the pancakes, onto the skillet or griddle. Cook until the tops are bubbly and look slightly dry, 2 to 3 minutes, then flip carefully and cook until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with more cooking spray and the remaining batter. Serve the pancakes hot with the blueberry-peach sauce.