Green Apple-Truffle Slaw2019-01-15
- Yield : 10 cups
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 5 Granny Smith apples, julienned
- 1/2 small head green cabbage, very thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon black truffle oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil and wrap up. Bake until tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then squeeze the garlic from its skin.
Combine 2 teaspoons water, the roasted garlic, lemon juice, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a blender or mini food processor. With the motor running, slowly pour in 1/4 cup each olive and grapeseed oils through the feed tube, blending until emulsified.
Toss the apples, cabbage, walnuts, parsley and truffle oil in a medium bowl. Add the dressing and toss; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate the slaw until chilled, about 45 minutes.