Green Beans with Mushroom and Shallots2017-05-03
- Yield : 6 servings, serving size 1/2 cup
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 16m
- Ready In : 31m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0.5 grams
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 pound assorted fresh mushrooms, (ie: button, baby bella, shiitake, oyster, chanterelle), sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put green beans in a microwave-safe bowl with the water. Cover tightly and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Carefully remove the cover, drain in a colander, shaking off any excess water, and set aside.
While the beans are cooking, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until softened slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the water they release has evaporated and they begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the green beans and stir to combine and rewarm. Season with salt and pepper and serve.