Green Beans with Potato Chip Crunch2016-01-02
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky salt, plus additional as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces green beans
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Add the oil, garlic and onions to a small saute pan. Turn the heat to low and cook, stirring or swirling the pan frequently to ensure the garlic does not burn, until the garlic and onions turn golden brown and slightly crispy, about 40 minutes.
Remove from the heat and strain the liquid into a bowl. Place the garlic and onions on a paper towel-lined plate to drain and crisp.
Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add the almonds, coriander seeds and sesame seeds. Toast, swirling the pan, until brown and aromatic, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add to a medium bowl.
Add the garlic and onions, potato chips, Aleppo pepper, salt and some pepper and toss to combine.
Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the reserved garlic-onion oil. Add the green beans and saute until slightly tender, about 7 minutes. Add the lemon zest and juice and mix to combine. Season with salt.
Transfer the green beans to a serving plate. Top with the potato chip mixture and the parsley. Enjoy!