Grilled Asparagus and Melon Salad2019-07-17
- Course: Side Dish
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 12m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 32m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 small melon (about 12 ounces), peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella or burrata cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted* see Cook's Note
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the prosciutto in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Chop the prosciutto into 1/4-inch pieces.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. In a medium bowl, toss together the asparagus and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes each side until crisp-tender.
In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the melon and mozzarella cheese and toss until all ingredients are combined.
Arrange the asparagus on a platter. Using a slotted spoon, spoon the melon and burrata cheese on top of the asparagus. Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette over the top. Sprinkle the prosciutto and pine nuts on top and serve.
*Cook's Note: To toast pine nuts, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 8 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.