Grilled Chicken and Chorizo with Spanish-Style Marinade2019-02-07
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pimenton
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 pound Spanish-style chorizo sausages
- Paella Rice Salad, recipe follows
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Large pinch saffron threads
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice or short-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked and cooled
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
In a measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, garlic, salt, oregano, pimenton, and pepper to taste. Add olive oil and whisk until blended. Place chicken in a large re-sealable plastic bag and pour in the vinegar mixture. Seal bag, then shake gently to coat chicken with marinade. Let chicken marinate at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
Prepare a fire in a barbecue and let coals burn down until covered with gray ash. Remove chicken from bag with tongs, shaking off excess marinade, and place skin-sides down on grill. Cook, turning as needed, until skin is crispy and meat near bone is no longer pink (cut with a knife to test), about 35 minutes. During last 10 minutes of barbecuing, add chorizo to grill and cook, turning until skin crackles and sausages are hot throughout, about 10 minutes. Cut sausages into portions to serve if necessary.
Bring the water and salt to boil in a medium saucepan. When water is boiling, stir in pinch saffron. Add the rice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is just tender (about 20 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, blend vinegar and mustard with a fork. Pour in olive oil in a thin stream, whisking with fork to emulsify. Stir in the peas, bell peppers, parsley, and oregano. When rice is cooked, add it to the bowl and stir well to distribute dressing and ingredients. Let rice cool to room temperature and serve. Or refrigerate up to 1 day, then serve.