Grilled Chicken and Kale Greek Salad2014-03-06
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup bottled Greek feta-herb salad dressing, such as Food Network Kitchen Inspirations, plus more for dressing the salad
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- One 9-ounce package baby kale
- 1/2 cup cooked whole-wheat pearl couscous, cooled completely
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup whole Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill fronds
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade crispy chickpeas
Toss the chicken with the salad dressing in a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Remove the chicken from the marinade, pat dry with a paper towel, and sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until cooked through (165 degrees F), 7 to 8 minutes per side. Let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
Toss together the cucumbers, onions, kale, couscous, feta, tomatoes, olives and dill in a large bowl. Add the grilled chicken and drizzle with the desired amount of dressing. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the crispy chickpeas.