Grilled Chicken Skewers2019-04-23
- Yield : 20 to 25 skewers
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup very hot water, plus more if needed
- Neutral oil, for the grill
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Good-quality barbecue sauce, for serving
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
To make the peanut sauce, put the peanut butter in a blender with the soy sauce, honey, ginger, red pepper flakes, chili oil and lime juice. Add 1/4 cup very hot water as you blend the mixture. Check the consistency and add a little more hot water if needed to make it very smooth. Transfer the sauce to a small dish, cover it with plastic wrap and set aside.
Brush the grill with oil. Thread the chicken onto the skewers and grill on both sides until the chicken is done in the middle, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a serving platter and sprinkle on the cilantro.
Serve the skewers with dishes of the peanut sauce and a good-quality barbecue sauce for dipping.