Grilled Hot and Sweet Sausage Tacos with Apricot-Jalapeno Glaze, Grilled Pepper and Red Onion Salsa2019-06-29
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 grilled poblano pepper, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 grilled red bell pepper, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds, grilled and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 jalapenos, grilled
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 Italian hot sausage links
- 3 Italian sweet sausage links
- Canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flour tortillas
- Corn tortillas
- Grated Monterey Jack cheese
Salsa:Â Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Sausage tacos:Â Combine the preserves, jalapeno and lime juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Heat a grill to high. Brush the links with oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill until lightly golden brown. Cut the sausage in half lengthwise and brush the apricot glaze mixture on both sides. Grill until dark golden brown, then remove to a cutting board and slice.
Grill the tortillas quickly on each side just to heat through, about 5 seconds per side. Fill with some of the hot and sweet sausage and top with some of the cheese and some of the salsa.