Grilled Marinated Flank Sandwiches2014-07-13
- Yield : 12 to 15 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 9m
- Ready In : 39m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (4 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 to 15 onion rolls, split, buttered, and toasted
- Arugula, for serving
For the marinade: In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper. Add the flank steak, seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Preheat a grill to medium heat.
Drain the steak, discarding the marinade. Place the steak on the grill. Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired temperature. (You may also bake at 425 degrees F until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion reads 145 degrees, 40 to 45 minutes.) Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
For the bacon horseradish sauce: In a small bowl, combine the green onions, mayonnaise, bacon, horseradish, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cover and chill.
To assemble: Spread desired amount of Bacon Horseradish Sauce over the bottom of the rolls. Top with desired amount of arugula. Top with sliced flank steak. Cover with roll tops. Serve immediately.