Grilled Nectarine Salad2019-06-19
- Yield : 4 servings (plus additional dressing)
- Cook Time : 16m
- Ready In : 16m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 nectarines, halved and pitted
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 6 ounces spring mix salad greens
- 2 ounces Stilton, Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Drizzle the nectarine halves with a little olive oil. Grill cut-side down for 2 to 3 minutes, turning midway to achieve lovely grill marks. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together the honey, Dijon and vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Add some salt and pepper and mix.
Toast the slivered almonds in a small skillet over medium-low heat until just turning golden brown.
In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with enough of the dressing to lightly coat. (You won't use all of the dressing; save to have on another salad tomorrow!) Toss in the warm toasted almonds.
Divide the salad among 4 plates. Place a nectarine half on each serving. Drizzle the nectarines with a little more dressing. With a fork, cut the blue cheese into chunks and distribute among the plates.