Grilled New York Strip with Chocolate Merlot Sauce2018-03-07
- Yield : 2 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Merlot wine
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 (1- inch thick) New York strip steaks
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning mix
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and jalapeno, saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add Merlot and reduce by half over high heat. Reduce heat to low and stir in soup mix and chocolate. Stir until smooth. Keep warm on very low heat until ready to serve.
Preheat grill pan over high heat. Season steaks with taco seasoning. Spray pan with cooking spray and grill to desired doneness.
Serve steaks with chocolate Merlot sauce.